Friday, February 20, 2009

Swimmingly

You know when you're so excited about something that you get that glow just if you think about it? The one where your heart swells up and you can't seem to quite wipe the little smile off your face? That's how I felt all yesterday. I'm happy to report that you are all dreadfully wrong in your assumptions about what was making me feel that way.

No, it wasn't you.

No, it wasn't an International Man of Mystery.

No, it wasn't the room service, or my new stilettos, or my sassy bootay-teee.

It is simple: my cute babies were coming to stay the night with me. I haven't seen them for more than an hour since last Friday (the girls at least and probably Leo since I was pretty much comatose all Sunday and most of Monday). Play games, go swimming, watch Perry Mason, eat cookies. The first few minutes were bliss, and then it was clear: they would have to go. The air quality at the hotel was poor enough that my kids couldn't breathe after being in the room for about 2 seconds!!!

Dear stinking 4-star (although I don't really believe it) hotel: You are ghetto! From, TT

It was kind of nice to realize that I love those three little people to absolute, adorable pieces.

No comments: